IN LOVING MEMORY TO OUR DEAREST FAMILY AND FRIENDS
This collection of Funeral Letters is dedicated as a tribute, honouring the persons who made a difference to our lives. The Funeral Letter project is a joint venture between the Genealogical Society of South Africa (GSSA) and the SAGenealogy mailing list with GSSA acting as host for the total collection of Funeral Letters.
GSSA's approach to the project is:
1. Funerals are regarded as public events and as such funeral letters are considered documents in the public domain. No specific permission or consent from the families concerned is required before using this document.
2. There is no “holding period” regarding Funeral Letters, because they are published as they are received after the funeral.
3. Funeral Letters are a rich source of genealogical information. They have all been indexed and arranged alphabetically according to the surname and are fully searchable.
4. Surnames with pre-fixes e.g., DU PLESSIS and VAN DER MERWE are filed according to the main part of the surname e.g. PLESSIS-DU and MERWE-VAN-DER.
5. We have captioned the images with Names and Dates as they appear in the Funeral Letters themselves.
If you have any questions or contributions, or if you find an error that has been made, please contact us under: Funeral Programme Project by clicking here